Pledge 34 – Rotterdam
- City: Rotterdam
- Name: Richard Moti
- Position: Vice mayor of Rotterdam for Work, Income and National Program for Rotterdam South
- Intro: Our ambition is to create a new employment perspective for Rotterdam South
- Country: The Netherlands
In January 2020, Rotterdam signed a pledge highlighting its commitment to principle 4 of the European Pillar of Social Rights. Rotterdam set up a unique programme “National Programme Rotterdam South NPRS” addressing the socio-economic challenges of deprivation that occur in Rotterdam South. The objective is to bring Rotterdam South on a comparable development level as Rotterdam by 2030.
The programme covers:
- Stimulating entrepreneurship and investing in high performing sectors in the region (energy, chemical logistical, water and creative industry).
- Developing the area to enable growth in the technology and care industry.
- Utilising the full labour potential on Rotterdam South by matching unemployed residents with suitable work and by developing talents of the residents, by especially investing in demand-driven education and prevention of school drop-out.
On 10 March 2020, Rotterdam signed its commitment to Principle 4 of the European Pill
Richard Mori, Vice Mayor for Work, Income and National Program for Rotterdam South, pledges to invest €65 million euros in 2019-2022 to support active employment in Rotterdam. Of this total amount, €4 million euros would be mobilized under ITI ESF and the same amount under ITI ERDF.
Richard Moti, Vice Mayor for Work, Income and National Programme for Rotterdam South said: “A stronger Europe is achieved with the participation and involvement of all its residents (…) We strive to build a more inclusive and cohesive city where people have a good quality of life and succeed together”