Pledge 52 – Lille
- City: Lille
- Name: Anne Voituriez
- Position: Vice President of Lille Metropole
- Intro: Lille metropole is committed to improve access to housing for all people
- Country: France
This strong pledge was followed by a commitment to principle 19 (EPSR) on housing and assistance to the homeless, signed on 17 September 2020. Lille pledges to provide a comprehensive response, coordinated amongst public institutions, social housing bodies, tenants, and housing support associations. Decent and affordable housing will be promoted as part of the post-Covid-19 recovery plan, and it will be strengthened with its Local Housing Plan 2021-2026. Lille commits to:
- Invest €65 million per year in its housing policy.
- Design its ‘Housing First’ partnership roadmap.
- Support the construction of 6,000 new housing units per year, 2,300 of which will be social housing units.
- Support the annual renovation of 2,500 social housing units (€9 million), 600 units in degraded condominiums (€6 million over 3 years), and another 600 in student residences (€12 million over 5 years). Lille will recycle 1,800 additional vacant housing units, with an investment of €19.3 million over 12 years.
- Build and rehabilitate accommodation centres and adapted housing, with an annual investment of €700,000.
- Help households with rent payments through the Housing Solidarity Fund (€7.3 million per year).
- Promote access to housing for young people and those leaving prison